Sunday, March 11, 2012

Year of Yoga X2- Update

I wanted to give an update of my second Year of Yoga. It's going great! Making a commitment to do yoga 6 days a week for a year is such a blessing to me. Lately, there are things by which it would be easy to get overwhelmed. When I get down, I tell myself- I'll deal with it on the mat.

This is especially helpful when I've spent some time thinking about Porter and the other orphans and the conditions in which they live- or anything in the world that seems negative and insurmountable. It is easy to get overwhelmed and down- so I remember that when I do my yoga, I can meditate and send positive energy in the direction that holds my concern. It's wonderful. As I do the poses I send that positive energy, pray, and know that every positive thing I do, no matter how small, makes a difference. I am so thankful for having this outlet, as it is so easy to stay emotionally down once you're there- or to go even lower- yoga is my 'reset' button and pulls me back up to a much more positive place.

Actually, thinking about it, yoga itself is a good teacher that every positive action, no matter how small, makes a difference. Any yoga, no matter how short the practice or how 'easy' the pose, makes a positive impact on your body and your life. I am thankful for the lessons it teaches me.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment