Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Beginnings



Hi Everyone!

I have been taking a little break from blogging, it wasn't a conscious decision, I just couldn't think of anything to write. I think I was getting a little emotionally spent thinking about little Porter, and I just didn't know what to write about him. I actually had to limit myself to checking his page on Reece's Rainbow only once a day, because I was checking over and over and making myself sad with his little face. So I took a little time to recenter.

During that time I continued to check in and of course pray for him daily. I also revitalized my yoga practice a little. It had gotten a little mechanical. Put the DVD in, do the poses, on with the day. I definitely needed something to help break the blahs.

So I started to really concentrate on being in each pose and not just moving through one to get to the other. Its been much better. Also, while I do that, I concentrate on really being present in the moment and I send prayers out to Porter at the same time. That has helped me not to get emotionally overwhelmed. I remember that I am not in control and I can't fix everything, but I can do good where I can and pray. Also that God has a plan for everyone, including Porter.

This has helped.

So I have been feeling better and new life has been breathed into my yoga practice (which is especially helpful since my commitment is to do it six days a week- not being present and focused makes every one of those six days hard, and not as beneficial as they could be). Doing yoga mindfully really has an amazing effect. I hope to write more about this.

I hope everyone had been enjoying the warmer weather! Please help me continue to raise funds for Porter's future family- and please join me in praying for his daily well being.

Thank you for continuing to read and support my journey through this year of yoga! 3/4 of a year down, 1/4 to go!!! :) :) :)

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment