Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Humbled

I received a significant donation this week from a family who wishes to remain anonymous. This was my first major donation and I was unprepared for how I would feel receiving it in the mail- let me just say that it is unbelievably humbling to have someone send you their hard earned money (of any amount) to help you help someone else. Very sobering, but in a good way. It made this project seem very real- it was a little scary too- but again, in a good way. It made me really not want to let anyone down- least of all the little girl in Eastern Europe who needs a family badly before she is transferred from the baby house into the much less nurturing environment of the house for orphans over 5 years old.

Thank you so much to the very generous family who sent me this donation, I know who you are and it was so encouraging and touched my heart to receive it. I have submitted the payment to Kaylee's adoption fund, and you should see it reflect your donation in the next day or so after it's processed by Reece's Rainbow.

Thank you also to everyone reading this for your support.  It means a lot to me, and more importantly, to Kaylee.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. If someone donates through Reece's Rainbow directly, I won't know who you are (but you are appreciated whether or not I know who you are!) if you would like me to know that you donated, please let me know! I'm happy to know of all support big or small and I don't need to know amounts if you would not like to share that information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment